Sunday, October 28, 2007

It's the same "date" every week...

For those of you who don't know Josh all that well, he loves football. LOVES it. He is on a city football league right now, THREE fantasy football teams, and he spends his entire Saturday and Sunday watching football on TV. He would watch it during the rest of the week, but we still don't have cable.

His favorite college football team is of course, ASU, so guess what our designated date night is every home game? Yep, four and a half hours of football. This week, before the football game, Josh convinced me to go with him the to library so he could study. I had nothing else to do, so I practiced being homeless:

Actually, the library was freezing, and I didn't have a jacket, so Josh was nice enough to place the student newspaper on me. It actually helped!

This week was homecoming at ASU. Homecoming here is so different than in Utah. First of all, their football team is good, so people actually come to the game. Second, they apparently realize that homecoming dances are only fun in high school. But since there's nothing else to do, everyone goes out and gets drunk after the game, so maybe high school dances in college isn't that bad of an idea.

After the library, Josh and I walked around campus, looking at all of the homecoming booths. We also bought a Sundevils shirt for me.

Here we are modeling our ASU attire:
Matchy, Matchy, red squared! :)

(BTW, I think Josh owns about ten ASU shirts. They're all he wears!)

Here we are watching the game:

(Josh is really good at making weird faces!)

The game was a pretty big win for ASU, so afterwards, all of the students rushed the field and tried to take down the goal posts:


Apparently they did take them down a few years ago, so these new posts are made with titanium-when we left, they were still trying, but I don't think they got very far. Overall, a fun date night, but football games should be about three hours shorter.

2 comments:

Jay and Heath said...

Heath knows how you feel. I am a HUGE football fan myself. I love when they score a goal, and hit homeruns. Go Supersonics!

Lars said...

Whatever. Supersonics are soccer, not football. Duh.