Monday, October 8, 2007

Scrapbooking 101

When I was about 13 or 14 I decided to try scrapbooking. Well, having absolutely no artistic ability whatsoever, my pages were not the best. I wish I could show you a picture of what my pages looked like in 1995, but fortunately my scrapbook is in storage at grandma's house. I will tell you however, that my scrapbook is covered in a girly lavender material with lace all around the edges. There is a lavendar heart on front, again outlined in lace. So very funny! I will show pictures next time I get to grandma's.

I was recently inspired to try scrapbooking again. Josh has been after me every since we got married that I needed to do something with all of our wedding pictures, so I finally did. And this is what I created:



Just walking in the scrapbook store was enough to give me a heart attack. The store was huge. And there was so much stuff! People are so creative now-it was a little intimidating for me. So after buying a few buttons, ribbons and such, I went to my friends house to get started and THREE HOURS LATER, I had finally finished one page!!! Seriously, who has time for that? And who has the money for it? I had to borrow alot of my friend's stuff, and I still spent a ridiculous amount of money for just one page.

Oh, and I haven't found the time to do it again. Sigh.

1 comment:

Jeff, Di and Ty said...

Hey Lars! I found your blog! Nice scrapbook page by the way! Definately blog worthy!

Di