Monday, June 30, 2008

Maggie has arrived!

Josh finally got his anniversary present and she's so cute! Look at her, how can you not love this face (this coming from a person who hates dogs)?:


We'd been looking for a puppy for awhile and when we went to go pick her up, we kind of bought her brother as well:

They look like two black mops.

Luckily, Josh's brother said he would take the boy for his family. Here's our nephew holding his new puppy, "Bear":


Every time he had to put the puppies down, he'd complain to us, "But I'm strong!" It was pretty cute.

Maggie is so lucky, she even gets her own pink water and food dishes. Just so everyone knows she's a girl.

So we got a toy poodle because they're supposed to be hypoallergenic and they don't shed. Plus, she's small enough to not drive me insane. But unfortunately, I get hives every time I touch her and I sneeze about 20 times a day now. We bought some allergen shampoo today so hopefully that works.

5 comments:

Jeff, Di and Ty said...

She's so stinkin' cute. I can't believe I am trying to talk Jeff into a dog. So fun to play with and darling! Hey! You also need to share with us your wonderful salsa recipe. Here's my e-mail address: diana.irving@hotmail.com YUM!

Julie said...

Man, I cannot believe you caved Lars. One day its dogs, the next - well, I would say ESPN or sports but you actually like those things. How odd. :)
I can't wait to meet this lil pup. She's soooo cute. Does she have a middle name yet? Can I be a godmother?

Marcus, Angie & Bug said...

ahh cute pup! too bad they're cuter when they are littler. good thing she'll stay little then. um ya. hope you are having fun in your house. and i still have a plane ticket to wherever...so whenever.. maybe i'll come visit again...maybe when it's less hot.

Lauren Porter said...

YEAH!!! Congrats to your first baby!! I was allergic to the dander on my dogs for a month or so. Give it some time and your body will adjust. Something that really helps is to change your filters often and buy the brand "Filtrete" they really help. Can't wait to meet the new member of your family.

Whitney said...

Oh my gosh!! She is so cute! I cant believe you are allergic to her though. So Sad. Hopefully it will get better. She is so stinking cute though. Her and Zoey need to meet and be friends. Love her name too. That was on the list for Zoey when we first got her.