Monday, November 30, 2009

2 months

Holy chunky!


Wow, time goes by fast! Carden had his 2 month check up today and his stats are:

Length: 24 1/4-90th percentile
Weight: 13 lbs, 1 oz-90th percentile

I knew I had a big baby! Crazy that he has almost doubled his birth weight, because apparently he's not supposed to do that until he's four months. What a show off :) He is now in size 2 diapers and wears 3-6 month clothes.


For Carden's two month birthday, he decided to give his mama a present and start sleeping through the night. Yep, he can now sleep for eight hours straight, as long as he's not gassy. If I don't give him Mylicon drops he wakes up tooting.

So sleepy and fussy after his shots today

So yesterday I dressed Carden in the cutest church outfit and was going to take a picture of it after church, but he decided to have major poopy pants during the sacrament and totally blew out his diaper. Church is so much more entertaining with a baby :)

And now about me...Friday night my fever spiked again at 102.4 so we called my doctor and she recommended going to the ER to have my duct drained with a syringe. So we got there, waited for a couple of hours, paid a hundred dollars and saw the doctor for 3o seconds while he told me to go home and nurse my baby because they can't help with Mastitis. OK, because I haven't tried that one before. Whatever. I've now had this plugged milk duct for about 6 weeks. Six. Weeks. It hasn't been painful until this past weekend when I got the mastitis. And now the infection is clearing up with the antibiotics, but I still don't know what to do about clearing the duct. I'm going in on Wednesday to see if he can empty it with the syringe but the lactation consultants I've been talking to don't have a lot of faith in that. No one seems to know what to do with me because it's basically unheard of for a duct to be plugged this long. Grr. So I still don't know what's going on. But at least my fever is down and it doesn't hurt like it did this weekend!

4 comments:

MG said...

He's a lunker. Hope the shots went well.

Wendi said...

Seems like you just don't need that clogged duct with the way he's growing. Hope it clears up though.

Whitney said...

Pineapple juice. My mother swears by it. It is supposed to help your ducts clear. I would drink it when I would have a clogged duct and it would get a lot better. Presley always was in the size above normal. She is wearing 12 month clothes. oh and today she has on a 18 month old sweater on. Shes 8 months.

laura said...

Hey you! Congratulations! I hadn't heard from you and was starting to worry - so glad I remembered you had a blog. What a great baby. I'm so happy for you. About the blocked duct. I know what you can do. Use your husband. Really, it will work wonderfully if he's willing. He doesn't have to drink it, but you can tell him exactly what to do, how ahard to suck, from the angle you need him to and you can massage the duct while he's doing it to get the block. It might sound strange, but Dirk has done it for me. I often had terrible blockages because Chris was so often hospitalized and put on a vent or central line where I couldn't nurse him and life was chaotic. Good luck. I actually hope it has resolved by now, sorry I didn't read this sooner. Will you be in Utah for Christmas? I'll drive to see you if you are. Lots of love,
Laura